Cold Szechwan Sesame Noodles
Italian pasta can be substituted for Chinese egg noodles in this recipe. For added flair, garnish with cilantro leaves.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 4 tsp. sugar
- 3 Tbsp. black rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. chili oil
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Place peanut butter, soy sauce, sugar, black rice vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, and chili oil in a food processor and process until smooth. Set aside.
- Prepare the egg noodles according to the instructions on the package. Drain. Allow the noodles to cool.
- Meanwhile, toss cucumber with salt and leave for 15 minutes.
- When noodles are cold, toss with the sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve over the cucumber slices.