Cold Yogurt and Cucumber Soup
This is a perfect soup to serve on hot summer days. You can even add a few ice cubes before serving.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 3 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 small red onion
- 3 cups plain yogurt
- 1 cup light cream
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh dill
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- Peel the cucumber, cut lengthwise and remove the seeds, and finely chop. Peel and finely chop the red onion.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Refrigerate, covered, for at least 3 hours before serving to chill the soup and give the flavors a chance to blend.