Collards and White Bean Brown Rice Skillet
Great flavor doesn’t have to be complicated. Made in a single pot, this plant-based dinner cooks together for greater taste and easier cleanup.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 1 hourTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bunch collard greens, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cans (15.5 oz. each) great northern or cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup long grain brown rice, rinsed
- 2 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- In 12” skillet with tight fitting lid over medium heat, heat oil. Cook onion, collard greens, garlic, salt and pepper 4 to 6 minutes or until collards are wilted and onion is softened.
- Add beans, rice and broth; bring to boil. Cover. Reduce heat to low.
- Cook 45 to 50 minutes or until rice is tender. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Refrigerate leftovers.