Colorful Grilled Corn Salad
Although this salad is great paired with beef, chicken, or fish, it is also terrific just eaten with gluten-free tortilla chips.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 6 ears corn, shucked and cleaned
- 1 can (19 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup diced red onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. agave nectar or sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1⁄8 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- Grill corn over medium heat for 15 minutes, turning occasionally, until slightly blackened in areas. Allow to cool and cut off corn kernels into a bowl. Add black beans, tomato, red pepper, red onion, cilantro, and jalapeño pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk to combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, lime juice, agave nectar, salt, garlic, cumin, black pepper, chili powder, and hot sauce.
- Pour over corn mixture and stir to coat. Top with chopped avocado right before serving.