Concombre en Sauce Blance (Cucumber in White Sauce)
A very refreshing appetizer, and very low in calories, too! The authentic version is made with crème fraîche, but this one is better for your waistline.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp. chives, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Greek yogurt or plain yogurt
- 1 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- Put the cucumber slices in a large bowl and sprinkle them with kosher salt. Cover in plastic wrap and leave for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator, so that the cucumber can release its juices.
- Take the bowl out of the refrigerator and add the chives and the yogurt. Toss well. Add the teaspoon of red wine vinegar, toss again, and add pepper.
- Leave in the refrigerator until served. The salad should be eaten very cold.