Confetti and Rice Pasta with Chicken
Save to My Recipes
This is fun to eat and pretty to look at. The “confetti” is minced vegetables. Lots of Parmesan cheese completes the dish.
Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutes
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped yellow summer squash
- ½ cup finely chopped zucchini squash
- 1 bunch scallions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup rice flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- ¾ lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ cup gluten-free chicken broth
- 8 medium plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 Tbsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 lb. rice pasta, cooked
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil and add the pepper, squash, scallions, and garlic. Sauté, stirring frequently, for 3–4 minutes.
- While the vegetables are sautéing, mix the flour, salt, pepper, and thyme on a piece of waxed paper.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture and add to the pan along with the vegetables.
- Add the broth, tomatoes, oregano, basil, and crushed red pepper. Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes to make sure the chicken is done.
- Add the rice pasta to the pan of sauce and mix. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.