Confetti and Rice Pasta with Chicken
This is fun to eat and pretty to look at. The “confetti” is minced vegetables. Lots of Parmesan cheese completes the dish.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped yellow summer squash
- ½ cup finely chopped zucchini squash
- 1 bunch scallions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup rice flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- ¾ lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ cup gluten-free chicken broth
- 8 medium plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 Tbsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 lb. rice pasta, cooked
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil and add the pepper, squash, scallions, and garlic. Sauté, stirring frequently, for 3–4 minutes.
- While the vegetables are sautéing, mix the flour, salt, pepper, and thyme on a piece of waxed paper.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture and add to the pan along with the vegetables.
- Add the broth, tomatoes, oregano, basil, and crushed red pepper. Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes to make sure the chicken is done.
- Add the rice pasta to the pan of sauce and mix. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.