This recipe reportedly appeared in the Chicago Tribune early in the twentieth century. conga bars are a lot like blondies, but the texture is chewier.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅔ cup melted butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 6 oz. chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 10" × 15" jelly roll pan.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside. Pour butter into a mixing bowl. Add sugar; whisk until you can no longer feel sugar granules. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Blend in vanilla. Stir in flour mixture until smooth. Fold in remaining ingredients.
- Spread in pan; bake 25–30 minutes. Cool and cut into bars.