Cookie-Stuffed Candy Cane Brownie Cups
These over-the-top treats bring together a trio of great desserts: brownies, cookies and festive candy canes.
Serves: 14Prep: 30 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 box (18 oz.) fudge brownie mix
- 2 eggs (see box directions)
- Vegetable oil (see box directions)
- 14 peppermint cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1 tube decorating icing in desired color
- 3⁄4 cup crushed candy canes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Thoroughly coat 2 muffin tins with cooking spray. (If you only have 1 muffin tin, you can also use 2 oven-proof ramekins or custard cups to make 14 brownie cups.)
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions (number of eggs and amount of oil will differ depending on brand). Spoon about 2 tablespoons batter in each muffin cup. Press cookies into batter. Evenly spoon remaining batter over cookies.
- Bake until tops are glossy and crinkled, about 25 minutes. Let brownies cool in pan 10 minutes, then carefully remove to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Pipe with icing, then sprinkle with crushed candy canes. Brownies will keep, loosely covered at room temperature, for 3 days.