Cookies and Cream Birthday Cake
There’s something so comforting about the taste (and crunch) of a classic sandwich cookie. Serve this cake with ice cold milk for a wholesome treat.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) box devil’s food chocolate cake mix plus ingredients called for on box
- 4 squares (1 oz. each) semisweet baking chocolate
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 package (8 oz.) softened cream cheese
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tub (16 oz.) whipped topping, thawed
- 12 chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 9 mini chocolate sandwich cookies
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease and flour two layer cake pans. Set aside.
- Prepare and bake cake according to instructions on box for a two-layer cake.
- Remove baked cakes from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make chocolate glaze by melting chocolate and butter in the microwave. Melt for 1 minute on medium high. Remove from microwave. Stir. Continue to microwave in 10-second intervals until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Cool for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese and sugar until well blended. Fold in whipped topping and crushed sandwich cookies.
- Spread cream cheese filling between the two layers of cake. Cover top layer of cake with the chocolate glaze.
- Garnish cake with mini chocolate sandwich cookies.