Cookies and Cream Cheesecake
Vegan cheesecake is a great way to dispel those stereotypes about granola-munching wheatgrass-sipping vegan hippies. Look for Trader Joe’s brand chocolate sandwich cookies, Newman’s Own Organics cookies, or use plain, mint, or chocolate Oreos, which may not be healthy, but are absolutely vegan!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 3 hoursDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup soy milk
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 package (8 oz.) vegan cream cheese
- 1 block (12 oz.) silken tofu
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup confectioners' sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup oil
- 10 vegan chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1 vegan chocolate cookie pie crust (9")
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk together the soy milk and cornstarch in a small bowl. Combine the soy milk with the cream cheese, tofu, lemon juice, vanilla, powdered sugar, and maple syrup and blend until completely smooth. Slowly add oil on high speed until combined.
- Stir in crumbled cookies by hand and pour into prepared crust.
- Bake 45 minutes. Allow to cool slightly, then chill at least 2 hours. Cheesecake will firm up more as it cools, so avoid the temptation to overbake.