Cookies on a Stick
Cookies on a stick are great for parties or to give as special-occasion bouquets. Be sure to get the stick about halfway in the cookie so that it will hold firmly.
Serves: 48Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 8 hours 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup butter-flavor shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 48 lollipop sticks, approximately 9" long
- 2 packages (6.4 oz.) ready-to-use icing
- Cream together shortening and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla extract, and almond extract; beat until well mixed. Mix dry ingredients together; add to creamed mixture. Chill overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Roll dough about ⅜" thick on a lightly floured surface; cut with cookie cutters. Lay cookies on baking sheet; insert lollipop sticks halfway into cookie.
- Bake 8–10 minutes. Cool completely. Decorate as desired.