Celebrate the holidays with a fun spin on this classic cocktail. Creamy coconut adds the right amount of sweetness to make everything merry and bright.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 2 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 6 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups coconut milk
- ½ cup black spiced rum
- 2 Tbsp. vanilla
- ¾ cup grated sweetened coconut
- 1 cup sweetened whipped cream
- ½ tsp. grated nutmeg
- Combine eggs, yolks, sugar, and salt in a large pot over medium-low heat, whisking until well combined. Add milk and coconut milk in a slow, steady stream until incorporated. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring constantly, for 25 minutes, or until mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon and reaches 160°F.
- Strain mixture into a bowl; add rum and vanilla and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Spread grated coconut on a small plate. Moisten glass rims with water, then dip into coconut. Carefully pour eggnog into glasses, top with whipped cream, and sprinkle with nutmeg.