This specialty has traveled all over the world, and is still a favorite of French kids. Here is an easy adapted recipe you can make at home. Serve with a simple salad of lettuce and vinaigrette.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 slices rotisserie chicken breast
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. sunflower oil
- On a plate, lay two slices of chicken breast on top of each other. Top with two slices of bacon, one next to each other. Add a slice of cheese on top of the bacon, and fold the chicken breast slices over in half.
- Add the flour to a bowl. Add bread crumbs to another bowl. Beat the eggs in a third bowl, and season with salt and pepper.
- Soak the chicken breasts in the eggs, then in the flour, and finish with the bread crumbs, flipping the chicken stack to coat each side.
- In a medium nonstick skillet, melt the butter slowly over medium-high heat. Add the oil, combine in the skillet, then cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until the bread crumbs are golden.
- Serve warm.