Corn Bread Muffins
These muffins are perfect served with a piping-hot bowl of chili, or eaten as a sweet treat topped with some fresh honey. To save a little time, feel free to use
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup butter
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup gluten-free cornmeal
- ⅔ cup brown rice flour
- ¼ cup plus 1 Tbsp. arrowroot starch or tapioca starch
- ½ tsp. xanthan gum
- ½ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a muffin pan and set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter. Stir the sugar into the melted butter. Add eggs and stir to combine. Stir in buttermilk.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together the baking soda, cornmeal, brown rice flour, arrowroot starch or tapioca starch, xanthan gum, and salt. Add to the wet ingredients and stir until few lumps remain. Scoop batter into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the muffin pan for 5 minutes before removing to cooling rack. Best served warm.