Corn and Chicken Soup
Instead of chives, try thinly shredded lettuce or cabbage.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 12 oz. corn kernels
- 1 Tbsp. sake
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 egg white
- ½ lb. cooked chicken breast
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tbsp. chopped chives
- In a soup pot, bring the broth to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and add the corn. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the sake, curry powder, salt, and sugar, simmering for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Slice the chicken into thin shreds. Place the chicken in a bowl and stir in the egg white and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the whole egg and the sesame oil.
- In a small pan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Toss in the chicken mixture and cook for 20 seconds. Remove the chicken with a slotted spoon and drain the pan. Add the chicken to the broth-corn mixture. Gradually whisk in the sesame oil mixture. Take off heat and allow to sit briefly. Garnish with chives and serve.