Corn Dog Muffins
The whole family will love these. These make a delicious kid-friendly meal or a simple appetizer.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup all-purpose wheat-free flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup turbinado sugar
- 2 tsp. wheat-free baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup milk or buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 tsp. wheat-free vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 package (16 oz.) beef, turkey, chicken, or veggie hot dogs, chopped into 1⁄4-inch pieces
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spray muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray or line with muffin liners.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir in milk, eggs, vanilla, butter, and applesauce, and mix until smooth. Add chopped hot dogs to corn bread batter. Stir well. Fill 3⁄4 of each muffin tin with batter.
- Bake until muffins become light brown and center is thoroughly cooked, about 12 to 15 minutes. Cool for a few minutes before serving.