Corn and Egg Pudding
You can substitute canned creamed corn if fresh is not available. This side dish is great with barbecue staples like hot dogs, hamburgers, and barbecued chicken.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- Butter, for greasing
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2½ cups fresh corn kernels
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ lb. Gruyère cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Butter a small baking dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and the yolks until blended. Stir in the corn and cream until well mixed. Stir in the cheese.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Bake for about 30 minutes or until lightly golden. Scoop out onto warm plates and serve immediately.