Be careful when frying these fritters; corn will pop in the hot oil and may splatter.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 cups corn kernels, lightly chopped
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground white pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup Sriracha sauce
- Mix all ingredients, except for oil, in a mixing bowl. Roll 3 tablespoons of the mixture into a ball and flatten slightly.
- Heat oil in a heavy, medium saucepan. Don’t crowd the pot; only add four cakes at a time. Deep-fry corn cakes until golden brown and crispy, about 4 minutes. Turn the cakes halfway through to brown both sides evenly.
- Serve with Sriracha Sauce.