Corn and Lobster Newburg
Have your fishmonger cook and remove the meat from three small (1
Serves: 6Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 cups cream
- 1 cup fresh corn, cut off the cob, or frozen corn, blanched and drained
- 1½ pounds, or 4 cups, lobster meat
- 2 Tbsp. dry sherry
- 2 Tbsp. chopped chives
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and sauté the shallots and garlic for 5–6 minutes, until soft.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg yolks.
- Put the cream into a large pan over medium heat; scald the cream but do not boil. Remove from the heat.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of hot cream into the beaten egg yolks and whisk vigorously. Pour the egg mixture into the hot cream and return to the heat. Continue to whisk until thick. Add the corn and lobster. Heat, stirring, until very hot but not boiling. Add the sherry. Serve garnished with chives and bacon.