Corn Pasta in Rich Cream Sauce with Prosciutto, Gorgonzola, and Walnuts
Feel free to lighten this up using half-and-half instead of the cream (but the cream really adds to the flavor).
Serves: 8Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 package (10 oz.) corn pasta
- 4 oz. sliced prosciutto
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp. corn flour
- 2 cups heavy cream, warmed
- ½ cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ½ cup walnut pieces, toasted
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Cook corn pasta according to instructions on the package. In a small nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat the prosciutto slices until crisp. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat and stir in the flour. Sauté, stirring for 4–5 minutes. Add the warm cream, whisking constantly until thickened to desired consistency (about 5 minutes more).
- Remove from the heat and stir in cheese, nutmeg, walnuts, and salt and pepper. Toss with pasta. Top with prosciutto. Serve immediately.