Corn and Pepper Relish
This relish is an excellent accompaniment to fried or grilled chicken. It also adds fiber when mixed into boiled lima beans for a unique succotash. Stuff it into cherry tomatoes just before you roast them and give your family a big, healthful lift.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 35 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 cups corn kernels
- 2 cups diced red bell peppers
- 2 cups chopped sweet onion
- 2 cups diced peeled tomatoes
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. celery seeds
- Put the corn, onion, and tomatoes in a large pot and stir to combine. Add the sugar, vinegar, salt, turmeric, dry mustard, and celery seeds and stir well.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally. Lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes, still stirring occasionally. Pack in sterilized pint jars, wipe the rims, and seal the lids in a water bath.