Corn tortillas are a great choice for appetizers, for making your own chips, and for using as the bread for sandwich wraps.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 1⁄2 cup Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- In a small saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and jalapeños and cook, stirring every 2 to 3 minutes, until softened. Add corn; cook and stir for 4–5 minutes longer, until hot. Remove from heat and stir in the black beans and salsa.
- Arrange half of the tortillas on work surface. Spread each with some of the cheese. Divide corn mixture among tortillas, then top with the pepper jack cheese. Top with remaining tortillas.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat. Grill quesadillas, turning once, until cheese melts and tortillas are toasted. Cut into wedges and serve warm.