This is a bright beautiful dish, both visually and flavor-wise. Try it served with crab cakes.
Makes: 6 pintsHands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Medium
Makes: 6 pints
- 10 cups uncooked sweet corn kernels
- 3 medium red bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 Vidalia onions, peeled and diced
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2½ cups white vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. celery seed
- 2 tsp. mustard seed
- Place all ingredients in a large pan over a medium flame. Bring to a fast boil; lower heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Hot pack into pint jars with ½" headspace. Cap and seal; process in boiling water 15 minutes. Check lids after cool for proper sealing.