This is a tasty side dish with roast turkey or pork. Just make sure the oven is very hot. The herbs and seasonings can be adjusted to suit your tastes.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- ½ cup corn flour
- ¼ cup light cream
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 3 tsp. wheat-free baking powder
- 2 Tbsp. finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. chopped chives
- 1 cup fresh corn, cut off the cob, or frozen
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Place the flour, cream, egg yolks, baking powder, cheese, garlic, salt, pepper, and chives in a food processor and blend together. Place in a bowl and add the corn.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold them into the corn mixture.
- Grease or use nonstick spray on a 2-quart soufflé mold. Pour the mixture into the mold, and place in the middle of the oven for 25–30 minutes, until brown and puffed. Serve hot.