Corn and Spinach Pockets Stuffed with Cheese and Artichokes
Simply because a dish is vegetarian does not mean it has to be tasteless. This recipe is a perfect example.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 3 large eggs, divided
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1½ tsp. salt, divided
- 1 cup corn flour
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 box (10 oz.) frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 1 box (10 oz.) frozen spinach, thawed, moisture squeezed out
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- ¼ cup minced chives
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Place 2 eggs, milk, and 1 tsp. salt in food processor and process until smooth. With the motor on low, slowly add the flour. Scrape down the sides of the container often. Add butter.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan over medium heat. Pour in ¼ cup batter. Tilt the pan to spread the batter evenly. Cook for 3–4 minutes, turning once. Repeat with remaining batter. Place crepes on sheets of waxed paper that have been dusted with extra corn flour. Set aside
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Add artichokes to food processor with spinach, process, and slowly add the cheeses, chives, garlic, nutmeg, pepper, ½ teaspoon salt, and remaining egg.
- Lay out the crepes on a nonstick baking sheet or one covered with a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Divide the filling among the crepes, spooning the mixture onto one half and leaving the other half plain.
- Fold crepes over filling and bake for 20 minutes or until well browned and filling is bubbling out.