Cornbread Sausage Stuffing
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. pork sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3 cups cornbread, cut into 1" cubes
- 3 cups dried bread cubes
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Brown together the sausage, onion, celery, and bell pepper in a large skillet over medium heat; drain well. Combine with the cornbread and bread cubes and sprinkle with poultry seasoning and black pepper.
- Melt the butter and drizzle over the stuffing, then add broth until the mixture is evenly moist but not wet.
- Place in a lightly greased 3-quart baking dish and bake covered at 325°F for about 45 minutes.