Cornbread for Stuffing
This cornbread recipe can be used to make stuffing or served on the side warm with a pat of butter and a drizzle of honey.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups 1% milk
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, sift together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and sea salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and honey. Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients; stir until just combined. Meanwhile, melt butter; gently stir into cornbread mixture.
- Pour batter into a greased oven-proof skillet or baking dish and bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until center is firm and golden brown.
- When done, remove from oven, set aside, and allow to cool before handling.