Cornbread Stuffing for Roasted Turkey
It's so easy to make the classic American Thanksgiving stuffing! It can be cooked inside a turkey or in a casserole alongside. Bake it at 350°F for 75 minutes or until hot and golden-brown on top.
Serves: 20Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 stalks celery with tops, finely chopped
- 1 lb. bulk pork sausage
- 10 cups cubed cornbread
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 Tbsp. dried sage
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Sauté the onion and celery in for about 5 minutes. Add the sausage and break up with a wooden spoon. Cook 10 minutes until sausage is cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place cornbread, water, apples, butter, thyme, sage, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Use a sturdy wooden spoon or your clean hands to incorporate all ingredients. Add sausage mixture and mix well.