Cornbread Stuffing with Parsley
Stuffing can be piled on top of a dish instead of being stuffed into meat. This dish is exceptional, a remembrance of the first Thanksgiving and the Native Americans’ gift of corn to the starving Pilgrims.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 baked cornbread (8 by 8 inches), cut into cubes
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease a medium baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté the onions 5 to 7 minutes. Add the broth, salt, and pepper, stir. Gently stir in cubes of cornbread and milk and heat until warm, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes until dressing is set and top is golden brown.