Cornbread with Serrano Ham & Peaches
Amaze your taste buds with the down-home flavors of cornbread, ham, peaches and mango. This fluffy, fruit-salsa-topped side dish is sure to steal the show at any dinner table.
Serves: 9Prep: 10 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup peaches, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup mango, diced
- 2 teaspoons shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 packages (8.5 oz. each) corn muffin mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 6 slices deli-style serrano ham, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together peaches, mango, shallots, cilantro, brown sugar, orange juice, lime juice, ground cumin and cayenne pepper to make salsa. Cover and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, stir together corn muffin mix, eggs, buttermilk, sour cream, butter and ham.
- In a greased 9” square baking pan or preheated 10” cast-iron skillet, pour in batter; bake 25-30 minutes.
- To serve, cut into pieces and top with a spoonful of salsa.