Cornflake and Coconut Macaroons
After the cookies have baked and when they are completely cooled, drizzle them with melted milk chocolate for a wonderful variation.
Makes: 36 cookiesHands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 36 cookies
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. coconut extract
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment and spray with nonstick spray.
- Beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add sugar until stiff, glossy peaks form. Beat in coconut and vanilla extracts. Gently fold in coconut, then cornflakes.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets.
- Bake 12–15 minutes. Remove from baking sheets immediately.