Cornish Game Hen
Save to My Recipes
This small bird provides a perfect serving for one person. It can be stuffed with poultry stuffing or other fillings such as green grapes, shrimp, or blueberries.
Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 50 minutes
- 2 Cornish hens (1½ lbs. each)
- 1 medium orange, cut in chunks (do not peel)
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 sage leaves
- 1 cup julienned leeks (white and light green parts only—discard dark green part), well-rinsed
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place half of the orange chunks, onion, and sage leaves inside each hen.
- Scatter leeks on the bottom of a roasting pan and set the hens on top of them. Rub breast skin with butter, and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast until you can move the legs freely and juices run clear, about 40 minutes.