If you observe a low-FODMAP diet and miss fried fish, try this crunchy and flaky fish, using cornmeal made from whole-grain corn. Serve this dish with some lemon wedges and tartar sauce.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. tilapia
- 1⁄4 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup gluten-free coarse cornmeal
- 2 Tbsp. gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp. lactose-free milk
- 1 Tbsp. sunflower oil
- Rinse and pat fish dry. Slice into 2 pieces. In a large bowl, combine breadcrumbs, cornmeal, flour, salt, and pepper. In a small bowl, whisk together egg and milk.
- Dip tilapia in egg mixture, tapping off any excess. Then dip both sides of fish in cornmeal mixture.
- Heat oil in a 9-inch frying pan on medium-high heat. Pan-fry fish 3 to 5 minutes each side; fish should be opaque throughout and flaky.