Cornmeal Soda Bread
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups stone-ground corn flour
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 to 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk to thoroughly combine, breaking up any lumps you may find. Add the buttermilk in a steady stream while stirring with a wooden spoon. Stir until just combined, then spoon into the prepared cake pan. Brush the top with milk and bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.