Cottage Cheese Pancakes
This batter can be whipped up in a snap for tasty high-protein pancakes or waffles.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup blueberries
- Add flour, salt, olive oil, milk, vanilla, eggs, and cottage cheese to the jar of a blender. Blend until smooth. Add blueberries, but do not blend.
- Spray a pan with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium heat. Pour 1⁄4-cup portions of batter onto hot pan to form pancakes. As the pan heats up, adjust the temperature to prevent the pancakes from becoming too dark.
- Cook pancakes 2 to 3 minutes per side until golden brown. Make the pancakes in small batches and, when done, cover to keep warm.