Country Brunch Strata
Save your stale bread of all kinds for this dish. The drier the bread, the more of the egg mixture it will soak up.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 3 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. bulk sausage
- 6 large eggs
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 lb. Cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bread
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- Crumble and sauté the sausage in a pan over medium heat until browned, then drain.
- Beat the eggs. Add the salt, mustard, and milk to the eggs and mix well.
- Shred the cheese and cube the bread.
- Butter the inside of the slow cooker. Put the bread and sausage in the slow cooker and sprinkle with the cheese. Pour the egg mixture carefully over the top.
- Cover and heat on a low setting for 3 hours.