Fry leftover slices of meatloaf in a little oil and put them in a hamburger bun for a delicious sandwich.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 lb. ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb. ground pork
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, very finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup butter-style crackers, finely crushed
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, pork, salt, black pepper, onion, celery, egg, oatmeal, and cracker crumbs. Press the mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together ketchup and brown sugar; brush it over the top of the meatloaf. Bake for 1 hour.