Fry leftover slices of meatloaf in a little oil and put them in a hamburger bun for a delicious sandwich.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ lb. ground beef
- ½ lb. ground pork
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, very finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- ½ cup butter-style crackers, finely crushed
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Grease a 9"x5"x3" loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, pork, salt, black pepper, onion, celery, egg, oatmeal, and cracker crumbs. Press the mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together ketchup and brown sugar; brush it over the top of the meatloaf. Bake for 1 hour.