Country-Style Pork Ribs
These meaty ribs are delicious when properly cooked. You can get that great smoked flavor without a grill--just use a couple of drops of liquid smoke.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 5 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. liquid smoke
- 2 1⁄2 lbs. country-style boneless pork ribs
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 Tbsp. chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 225°F. Combine water and liquid smoke in a large roasting pan fitted with a rack.
- Sprinkle the ribs with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Rub the spices into the meat and bone on both sides. Place the ribs on the rack. Sprinkle with the Worcestershire sauce.
- Cover the ribs tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 5 hours until tender.
- Remove the foil and brush the ribs with barbecue sauce. Bake for another 20 minutes or until dark brown. Remove from oven, cool slightly, and sprinkle with chives before serving.