Country-Style Pork Ribs
These big, meaty ribs are delicious when properly cooked. If you don’t have a smoker, add some wood chips to your grill. If you don’t have a grill, use a couple of drops of liquid smoke.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 5 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. liquid smoke
- 2½ lbs. country-style pork ribs
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1½ tsp. garlic powder
1/ 4tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 225°F. Combine water and liquid smoke in a large roasting pan fitted with a rack.
- Sprinkle the ribs with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Rub the spices into the meat and bone on both sides. Place the ribs on the rack. Sprinkle with the Worcestershire sauce.
- Cover the ribs tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 5 hours until tender.
- Remove the foil and brush the ribs with barbecue sauce. Bake for another 20 minutes or until dark brown.