Country Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
The sweet potatoes in this colorful dish give it a boost of nutrition, perfect for sending the kids off to school in the mornings.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 strips of bacon, diced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped (leaves only)
- 1 small green or yellow zucchini, ¼" diced
- 1 lb. small red potatoes, ¼" diced
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and ¼" diced
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon oil and the bacon and shallots. Sauté for 2–3 minutes.
- Add the rosemary leaves and zucchini and cook about 5 more minutes, until the zucchini is soft and cooked through.
- Transfer the bacon-zucchini mixture to a plate. Add the potatoes and sweet potatoes along with the remaining oil to the pan. Add the spices, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. If the potatoes are sticking and appear dry, add another tablespoon of oil.
- Cook the potatoes until they are starting to brown, then add the bacon and zucchini back to the pan and stir to combine. Serve hot.