Couscous Fruit and Nut Salad
In the time that it takes for water to boil water and couscous to cook, you whisk together a dressing, drain a can of chickpeas, chop parsley, cut up a cucumber and chop roasted almonds. Once the couscous is ready, toss it with the vinaigrette and the other ingredients and serve.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 box (10 oz.) plain couscous
- 2 cups water
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 can (14 oz.) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1⁄2-inch chunks
- 1⁄2 cup chopped roasted almonds
- 3⁄4 cup pomegranate seeds
- In a medium saucepan add 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Stir in couscous, remove from heat, and cover. Let sit undisturbed for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper. Whisking constantly, drizzle in the olive oil. Add cooked couscous and toss well. Stir in the chickpeas, cucumber, almonds, and pomegranate seeds.