Couscous-Stuffed Artichokes with Apricots and Pine Nuts
Garlic mayonnaise is good for dipping the leaves and seasoning the artichoke bottoms after the couscous is eaten.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- ½ cup uncooked couscous
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts
- ¼ cup chopped dried apricots
- ½ tsp. salt
- 4 medium artichokes, trimmed and cooked
- Combine water and the orange juice in a saucepan and heat to boiling, then stir in the olive oil and couscous. Remove from the heat and cover; set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pine nuts, apricots, and salt, stirring well. Fold in the couscous.
- Part the artichoke leaves to expose the center. Using a spoon, scoop out the choke and discard. Spoon the couscous mixture into the artichokes, mounding it up to fill them completely. Serve hot or at room temperature.