Couscous Tabouleh Salad
This refreshing low-sodium salad is a wonderful way to start any meal. For a party, pair fresh veggies with tabouleh and a bowl of homemade hummus.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2⁄3 cup dry couscous
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 small ripe tomato, diced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 fresh lemon
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Measure the dry couscous into a small bowl. Stir in the boiling water, cover, and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Place the tomato, scallion, and parsley into a salad bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, place the garlic, lemon juice, oil, and pepper and whisk well to combine.
- Add the cooked couscous to the salad bowl. Pour dressing over top and stir well to combine. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.