For a Moroccan touch add Harrissa, a very hot condiment. If you can’t find that, use Tabasco sauce.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup couscous
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup diced cucumber
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan, add the couscous, cover, remove from heat, and let sit 5 minutes to absorb the liquid.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork and put it in a large bowl to let it cool.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the couscous and mix well. Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Serve immediately.