Cowboy Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
Chimichurri sauce is a condiment from Argentina usually served with grilled meats.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 8 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup minced fresh oregano leaves
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 lb. flank steak
- 2 Tbsp. red wine
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- In blender or food processor, combine parsley, oregano, olive oil, lemon juice, sherry vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper; blend or process until smooth. Pour into small bowl, cover, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Pierce flank steak all over with a fork. Place in large heavy-duty zip-close freezer bag and add red wine and olive oil. Seal bag and squish to mix. Place in pan and refrigerate for 8 hours.
- Preheat grill.
- Grill steak for 6–10 minutes, turning once, until desired doneness. Remove from grill and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Slice thinly against the grain and serve with the chimichurri sauce.