Cowboy Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
Chimichurri sauce is a condiment from Argentina usually served with grilled meats.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 8 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 lb. flank steak
- 2 Tbsp. red wine
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- In blender or food processor, combine parsley, oregano, olive oil, lemon juice, sherry vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper; blend or process until smooth. Pour into small bowl, cover, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Pierce flank steak all over with a fork. Place in large heavy-duty zip-close freezer bag and add red wine and olive oil. Seal bag and squish to mix. Place in pan and refrigerate for 8 hours.
- Preheat grill.
- Grill steak for 6 to 10 minutes, turning once, until desired doneness. Remove from grill and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Slice thinly against the grain and serve with the chimichurri sauce.