Crab & Ricotta Triangles
Ricotta cheese makes these phyllo treats rich and creamy. Perfect for special guests.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 pound crab meat
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 ounces havarti cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese, low-fat
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 package fillo dough
- 1 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Slowly cook and stir onion until tender, about 5 minutes. Mix in crab meat, mustard and salt. Stir in cheeses and egg. Cook and stir until thickened, 5-10 minutes. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Unroll phyllo dough sheets one at a time on a flat surface. Brush with butter. Cut into strips approximately 5 inches wide. Place 1 tablespoon of the onion, crab and cheese mixture at one end of each dough strip. Fold the end of the strip over the filling so that it forms a triangle. Continue folding the strip in triangles until a small, triangular stuffed pastry remains. Brush with butter. Repeat with remaining phyllo dough.
- Arrange stuffed triangles on a large baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven 12-15 minutes, until golden brown. Serve warm.