Crab Cakes with Sesame Seeds
These crab cakes make a lovely presentation. Try serving over a bed of arugula with lemon wedges on the side.
Serves: 5Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. lump crabmeat
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 small green onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. dry sherry
- 1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground white pepper
- 1 tsp. Old Bay Seasoning
- ¾ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. lightly toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a large bowl, mix together crab, egg, ginger, green onion, sherry, lemon juice, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and Old Bay Seasoning.
- Form mixture into 10 equal cakes. Place breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl. Dredge crab cakes in breadcrumbs and place on a baking sheet treated with nonstick spray. Sprinkle sesame seeds over cakes. Bake 10 minutes.