Crab Cakes with Spinach Salad and Tartar Sauce
Crab cakes are baked to crispy perfection and served with salad and homemade sauce.
Serves: 6Prep: 2 hours 20 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 2 hours 40 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 cup saltine crackers, crushed into coarse crumbs (equals 24 crackers)
- 1 Simple Truth Organic™ Cage Free Large Brown Eggs Grade A, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise, divided
- 1 tablespoon + 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 3 tablespoons minced dill pickles
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Simple Truth Organic™ Jalapeño Hot Sauce
- 2 scallions, minced
- 4 cups Simple Truth™ Baby Spinach
- 1 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 4 green onions, halved lengthwise and cut into 1½” pieces
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- For crab cakes: Place half of cracker crumbs in a large bowl. Drizzle in egg, then stir in ½ cup of mayonnaise, teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, parsley, mustard powder, chili powder, salt and pepper to taste. Gently fold in crabmeat.
- Form into six 3" wide patties (about ½ cup crab mixture each). Spread remaining cracker crumbs on a plate; press crab cakes in crumbs on both sides and around the edges. Transfer to a baking sheet; cover and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- For tartar sauce: In a small bowl, mix 1 cup mayonnaise, lemon juice, pickles, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and scallions. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Brush crab cakes with melted butter and bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden.
- For the salad: In a large bowl, gently toss spinach with tomatoes and green onions. Drizzle with olive oil; season with salt and pepper and toss again. Serve with crab cakes and sauce.