Crab and Fish Casserole
Nestle sautéed fish fillets over a creamy crabmeat sauce and then bake with a crunchy breadcrumb topping. Use any white fish such as cod, haddock, halibut or pollock.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 5 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 1 medium onion, peeled and minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jar (16 oz.) Alfredo sauce
- 1⁄2 lb. fish fillets, cut into 4 equal pieces
- 1 bag (8 oz.) shredded Italian four-cheese mix, divided
- 2 cans (6 oz.) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 Tbsp. chopped chives
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a medium baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. In small bowl, combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and 3 tablespoons melted butter; mix well.
- In large saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often for 5 minutes, or until tender. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add fish fillets, skin-side up; cook for 4 to 5 minutes, flip and cook and additional 3–4 minutes, or until fish flakes. Remove fish from pan.
- Lower heat to medium, add Alfredo sauce and Italian cheese mix. Stir until cheese is melted and sauce is creamy, about 3 minutes. Stir in crabmeat and chives. Pour into prepared baking dish and spread evenly over bottom. Lay cooked fish fillets over the crabmeat mixture and sprinkle with buttered breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until sauce bubbles around the edges and bread crumbs are golden. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.