Save to My Recipes
This is a delicious appetizer to fix for a Derby Day party, New Year’s Eve, the Super Bowl, or just about any occasion.
Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour
- 20 large mushrooms (1 lb.)
- 6 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. minced red bell pepper
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs, processed until fine
- 4 oz. crabmeat
- ½ tsp. Creole seasoning or seasoned salt
- Dash ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Clean mushrooms. Trim ends, then twist to separate them from the caps. Chop stems finely and set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter; brush over mushroom caps. Lightly butter a shallow 8" or 9" square baking dish or spray with a nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter in a medium skillet. Add chopped mushroom stems, green onions, and bell pepper. Sauté until vegetables are tender, about 6–8 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine vegetables with bread crumbs, crabmeat, Creole seasoning, and ground black pepper. Fill mushroom caps, mounding slightly. Arrange in a single layer in the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle each mushroom with a little Parmesan cheese.
- Bake until mushrooms are tender and stuffing is hot, about 15–20 minutes.