You can buy prepackaged cooked crabmeat in the seafood section of your grocery store.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, peeled
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1⁄2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup cooked crab meat
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Preheat broiler. Prepare a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Butterfly the shrimp and place cut-side down on the baking sheet. Set aside.
- Heat butter in a small saucepan until bubbly. Add lemon juice, crab meat, parsley, and breadcrumbs. Move mixture to a bowl and add 1⁄2 of the beaten egg. Mix constantly to prevent egg from cooking. Discard remaining egg.
- Spoon equal amounts of breadcrumb mixture onto butterflied shrimp. Press the shrimp tail over the stuffing. Broil for 6 minutes or until browned. Serve hot.